London, United Kingdom Nov 13, 2023 (Issuewire.com) - AFI has launched a Carbon Offsetting Scheme, allowing customers to offset the carbon footprint associated with the delivery and collection of their rented powered access machines, working with the trusted carbon offset climate projects community, Ecologi.
AFI's Customer Carbon Offsetting Pledge
Each quarter, for every customer ordering online, AFI will offset 200% of the emissions associated with the delivery of their machine by investing in renewable energy offset programmes. AFI will similarly invest in offsetting 100% of the emissions generated by collection for each machine off-hired online.
Setting up an account, receiving a quote and placing an order with AFI online is easy via a customer App and Portal. Online off-hiring is quick and easy with the scan of a QR barcode on every one of AFI's machines. AFI has already made its first green investment with Ecologi covering online activity in Q2-2023, investing in renewable energy projects, verified by the Verified Carbon Standard, which offset more than 100 tonnes of CO2.
Paul Roberts, CFO at AFI, said:
"We believe transparency and objective measurement are critical to assessing progress in sustainability. We were delighted to receive a Silver Award and score in the top 20% of businesses rated by EcoVadis.
However, we recognise this is a journey of continuous improvement, so we're proud to now add our Carbon Offsetting Scheme. Customers who hire and off-hire online with AFI are assured that 150% of the environmental impact of their deliveries and collections with us is offset. The Carbon Offsetting Scheme enhances our position as a sustainable business in the UK powered access rental sector."
He went on to say:
"Our success as a business comes not just from our financial performance but also from our recognition of our responsibilities to our team, the environment and the communities in which we operate. We will continue to encourage stakeholders across our workforce, customers, suppliers and local communities to recognise our role in improving our impact on the world. In response to ongoing customer demand, we will continue to make significant investments across our entire fleet of green-powered access machines."
AFI has been reporting carbon emissions for almost a decade. Information is reported quarterly at the Board to ensure the group's progress is monitored and positive actions are taken.
- In 2023, AFI's progress helped it gain an EcoVadis Silver Award for its sustainability actions. A score of 61/100 placed it in the top 20% of rated businesses.
- For the first half of 2023, AFI's market-based Scope 1 & 2 carbon footprint had reduced by 27% compared to the three years before the pandemic.
- Almost two-thirds of AFI's rental fleet are now 'Green Machines' (electric/hybrid).
- Since 2020, AFI has invested more than £16m in electric/hybrid fleet.
- Since 2020, AFI has operated a fully renewable energy tariff across all sites where it controls the electricity supply.
- AFI continues investing in technology that streamlines processes and increases efficiency, enhancing the customer experience and improving the group's environmental impact.
- Continuous improvements in online account management and the roll-out of 100% electronic customer invoicing.
EcoVadis is the world's largest and most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, creating a global network of more than 100,000+ rated companies.
The Ecologi community allows real-time emissions offsetting through funding certified high-impact climate and carbon avoidance projects worldwide. It is accredited by recognised standards such as VCS, the Verified Carbon Standard (Verra Standard), or the Gold Standard.
Source :AFI RENTALS - UK
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.