Citibank rated Number One for customer satisfaction across the retail banking industry, following being top rated among national banks in 2016 and 2017, according to a report released this week by the American Customer Satisfaction Index, or ACSI.
The ACSI report also rated Citibank Number One among national banks for perceived value, customer loyalty, customer retention, ease of adding/changing accounts, competitive rates, and call center satisfaction.
“We’re excited to be back in the Number One spot for customer satisfaction and on behalf of all us at Citibank, we’d like to extend a big thank you to our customers for their loyalty,” said Mindy Mercaldo, Head of U.S. Branches at Citibank. “We are so proud of our team for the quality of the experience they provide our clients every day.”
This year, Citibank regained the Number One position for customer satisfaction as Citi’s U.S. Consumer Bank moves forward with its strategy to deliver a true client-centric relationship model by bringing the full power of its franchise together to deliver great products, value, convenience, and a seamless experience for clients.
ACSI survey respondents recognized Citibank as an industry leader* with respect to the number and location of ATMs and for a fourth-straight year highlighted Citibank’s variety of financial services.
In 2019, Citi has introduced a number of new products, tools and digital enhancements for customers, including:
- Citi Accelerate, a digital high-yield savings account, and most recently, Citi Elevate, a new high-yield checking account featuring reimbursement of all ATM withdrawal fees charged by other banks and no Citi charges at any ATM. Both are available to customers outside of Citibank’s branch footprint.
- New convenient digital lending solutions (Flex Loan and Flex Pay) that offer more flexibility to eligible U.S. credit cardmembers.
- Relationship-based offers leveraging proprietary ThankYou and Double Cash rewards across both card and retail products.
- Citi Personal Wealth Management's commission-free trading for ETFs and new-issue U.S. Treasury purchases for Citigold clients as well as the introduction of Citi Wealth Advisor, a digital wealth planning tool.
- New functionality for the Citi Mobile App® for Android that provides customers a holistic view into their finances** and a new menu with smart shortcuts to popular tools including FICO Score, Quick Lock, Add a Trip, Bill Pay, Transfer, Check Deposit, and Fund Account.
* According to the 2019 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) survey of the retail banking industry, Citi tied with another ACSI measured retail bank.
** Users must provide Citi with online access to external financial institution accounts they link through the app.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI®) has been a national economic indicator for 25 years. It measures and analyzes customer satisfaction with more than 400 companies in 46 industries and 10 economic sectors, including various services of federal and local government agencies. Reported on a scale of 0 to 100, ACSI scores are based on data from interviews with roughly 300,000 customers annually. For more information, visit www.theacsi.org.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Citi Public Affairs