Just in time for the busy air travel season, Citi Cards (NYSE:C) and American Airlines (NYSE: AMR) announce today a new addition to the 24-year Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card portfolio that has served millions of cardmembers with its products and service. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® will deliver exclusive elite-level travel services and experiences to American’s flyers.
The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage(R) World EliteTM MasterCard(R) offers premium amenities, services and experiences, as well as exclusive mileage-earning opportunities. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® card is a direct reflection of the benefits frequent flyers are seeking in a rewards card and underscores the commitment of Citi and American Airlines to enhancing our customers’ experiences,” said Terry O’Neil, Executive Vice President, Citi Cards. “With premium travel benefits, accelerated AAdvantage® miles-earning opportunities and enhanced convenience, the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® card unlocks exclusive access to elite-level benefits cardmembers can’t get with any other credit card.”
The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® provides a new class of cardmember privileges, including:
- Admirals Club® membership privileges;
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases;
- Enhanced Airport Experience;
- Waived baggage charge for first domestic checked bag;
- Expert Concierge Service.
In addition, the new card offers a once per year AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying mileage-earning opportunity, based on annual card spend, to put cardmembers on the fast track to American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status membership. Later this year, Citi plans to introduce the Citi ExecutiveSM/ AAdvantage® card with EMV chip card functionality to provide cardmembers with the ability to use a technology that is increasingly important when making credit card purchases abroad.
“The new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® card offers unprecedented airline benefits that allow cardmembers to travel in comfort and style,” said Maya Leibman, President – AAdvantage Loyalty Program. “Moving through the airport more quickly, relaxing at the Admirals Club® and earning AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles are just a few of the many fantastic perks this new card provides.”
Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® Details:
- Admirals Club® Membership privileges for cardmember and immediate family or up to two traveling guests to enjoy the comfort, convenience and service of a private lounge with complimentary drinks and light snacks, WiFi, and a suite of business services – at over 40 worldwide locations
- 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after the first $40,000 in eligible net purchases made on the card within a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Enhanced airport experience including priority check-in, airport screening and boarding privileges, regardless of the class of service of the cardmember’s ticket
- Two American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with your Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® credit card for items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record
- Waived baggage charge for first domestic checked bag for cardmember and up to eight companion(s) traveling under the same itinerary
- Expert Concierge Service: Top-tier customer service representatives available 24-hours a day to assist with dinner reservations, travel arrangements, gift purchases and more
- No mileage cap on miles earned through purchases made with the card
- EMV chip card functionality to enable purchases abroad at EMV chip-enabled merchants, planned introduction in 2011
- Access to Citi’s Private Pass Program, providing cardmember opportunities such as presale events and VIP experiences
- Free tools such as email and text alerts, billing due date option and automatic payments to help with account management
- Extended Warranty on purchases
- Complimentary Travel Services: Automatic Travel Accident Insurance, Travel and Emergency Assistance Services, Auto Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Coverage
- Comprehensive fraud and theft protection including: Fraud Early Warning, $0 Liability for unauthorized purchases, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and The Lost Wallet® Service
- $450 annual fee
For more information about the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard®, please visit citiexecutiveaadvantage.citi.com.
About Citi® / AAdvantage®
The industry-leading Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card was among the first of its kind when it debuted in 1987. The co-branded credit card program has since grown to include millions of loyal customers and is one of the most dynamic and unique card programs in the industry.Citi and American Airline’s suite of co-branded mileage rewards cards include: Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®, Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® Visa Signature®card, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® card, Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® card, Citi® SelectSM / AAdvantage® American Express® card, Citi® ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard®, CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® MasterCard®, CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card and Citibank® / AAdvantage® Debit Card. To apply for the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® Card, visit citiexecutiveaadvantage.citi.com.
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® serve 250 cities in 50 countries with, on average, more than 3,600 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve approximately 900 destinations with more than 9,000 daily flights to 145 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR). Facebook: www.facebook.com/AAdvantage. Twitter: www.twitter.com/AAdvantage (Twitter handle @AAdvantage.)
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6796022&lang=en